Crown Point Library
214 S. Court St. Crown Point, IN
Deadline for submissions: November 1, 2011
Eligibility: All qualified artists
Call for Entries – Artwork Project
Crown Point, Indiana is building a new library and they are looking for artists to help make the new library a great one. They are currently taking letters of interest, which are due by November 1. The project will consist of artwork suspended from the ceiling of the second floor. The artwork should reflect and compliment the library’s mission, “read, discover, connect in the library.”
This project is open to professional artists working in all mediums, who reside in Indiana and/or the Chicagoland area and Southwest Michigan.
Artists will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Quality of past artworks
- Experience designing and producing permanent artwork
- Quality of concept and approach
- Appropriateness of project goals
- References regarding ability to perform according to schedule and budget
Please submit the following materials, with your letter of interest, to the address below (all text must be printed on single-sided pages). Submissions must be in compliance with the RFQ/Regional Call to Artists. Failure to comply with all provisions may result in disqualification.
- A brief one-page printed letter of interest addressing the selection criteria, project goals, and highlighting qualifications for the position.
- Six to ten (6-10) digital images of recent work according to the instructions below. Team submissions should not exceed a total of ten (10) images.
- Submit high quality JPEGs on a CD-R disk.
- Each file should be titled with artist’s last name and number corresponding to number on image list (e.g. smith_01.jpg, smith_02.jpg). Label both the CD-R and its case with artist’s name, contact information and number of images.
- Only one image per .jpg file; do not submit mosaics of images.
- Printed, single-sided annotated image list, including:
- Artist (s) name
- Title of artwork/project
- Date of artwork/project completion
- Dimensions (HxWxD)
- Location, if permanently sited
- Project budget
- Project description
- For projects involving teams, please specify what your contributions as the artist were.
- Current resume
- References, on one page:
- List three people with whom you have worked on a art project who can describe your participation
- Include name, title, address, e-mail and current daytime telephone for each reference
- Self-addressed and stamped envelope for return materials if you want them returned.
- Mail submissions to:
Crown Point Community Library
214 S. Court Street
Crown Point, IN 46307
Attention: Laura Clemons
- Submission deadline: All materials must be received no later than Tuesday, November 1, 2011.
More Information on the project